Claire Freedman: A Self Portrait
Claire Freedman Revealed
About Claire Freedman
What is your birthdate?:12/2
Previous occupations:I have been employed at Harrods as a trainee buyer, worked as a dental nurse (that didn't last long!), as a PA in a printing company and my very first job was at the BBC as a secretary.
High school and/or college:I attended Pinner Grammar School and left at 16 to start work.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Elgar - very British and rousing
Favorite movie:Roman Holiday
Favorite television show:I am hooked on medical programmes - I think I must be a frustrated doctor!
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Social, fun, frantic, hardworking, friends, family, shopping, chocolate
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Treat other people as you would like to be treated yourself
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Being fully content and at peace with yourself, your loved ones, your life, and with God.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Losing my husband
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Bormes de Mimosa - the most beautiful village in the South of France
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Probably some brilliant surgeon out there, saving lives.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. This will be the last dress/t-shirt/shoes etc I'm buying this month!!
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Lots of things - but you can't turn the clock back!
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I'd love to be able to illustrate my own books
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Getting published!!
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I try to do everything at the same time!
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. loyalty to those I love
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Myself - only better and wiser!
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My hair - it's very curly and there is an awful lot of it!
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Snoopy
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I'd love to have a good long chat with Moses.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. I have two - dog poo and litter
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Clothes shopping - it is totally relaxing (though not for my husband!)
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I'd be a brilliant surgeon
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, loyalty and faithfulness
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Chocolate
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Shania Twain - From This Moment, The Lighthouse Family - High, Elton John - Saturday Night, Diana Ross - Do You Know Where You're Going To?, Katie Melua - Closest Thing To Crazy! These are some of my favorite songs, but ask me next week and they might change!
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Shakespeare - no one can describe human emotions more poetically.
Sophie Kinsella - for a fun read her 'Shopaholic' books are brilliant, as are Marion Keyes novels.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. I don't have 5 favourite adult books - it would be impossible to choose. However my one time all favorite children's book is A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Read the genre you wish to write for.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. What gave you the idea?