Diane Goode Revealed
About Diane Goode
What is your birthdate?:1/14
Previous occupations:High School substitute teacher, NYC, at UCLA I taught book illustration, part-time secretary.
Favorite job:Illustrating children's books.
High school and/or college:Queens College (CUNY)
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Richard Goode
Favorite movie:Belle et la Bete, Jean Cocteau, All About Eve
Favorite television show:American Experience
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. A study in contrasts.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Less is more.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Family and friends at my table for a good meal.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Losing momentum.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Gorgo's mother, well, of course I know, it's film history.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. The Dalai Lama.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Stop barking!
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Worrying.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. The ability to see the "BIG picture".
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Giving my best effort.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Impatience.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Openness.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. A blue lagoon.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. You'd have to ask someone else that one.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. The little spider in "Charlotte's Web".
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The Wicked Witch of the East.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. John Adams. I'd say, "Have a seat, dinner is ready."
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Lateness.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. swimming
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. pastry chef
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, humor and generosity of spirit.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. A warm, crusty loaf of French bread & goat cheese.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Anything by Carlo Ponte or Edith Piaf
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Edith Wharton, Henry James, Thomas Hardy, Jane Austen, Anita Brookner, Marcel Pagnol, Rick Moody, Mikhail Bulgakov, Somerset Maughm
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Portrait Of A Lady, Jean de Florette & Manon of the Springs, Pride and Prejudice
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. I often reread the classics.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. For artists: draw every day, even if it's only in your head.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. How do you do that? You must have a good sense of humor.
- Q. How did you come to write Louise the Big Cheese and the La-di-da Shoes?
- A. La-di-da Shoes is the second in a series of Louise The Big Cheese...and it's very pink and very funny!