Jo Nesbo Revealed
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. In a climbing wall at Ton Sai, Thailand
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Laziness
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Imagination
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Batman
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Joker
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Rock climbing and guitar playing
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Bananas
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. One. Perfect Skin, Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, Strawberry Fields by the Beatles, Independence Day by Bruce Springsteen, Shipbuilding by Elvis Costello, There She Goes by the Las.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Knut Hamsun, Vladimir Nabokov, Jim Thompson, Ernest Hemingway, Henrik Ibsen, Charles Bukowski, Charles Dickens, Mark Twain.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. No. I never do. I probably should, but there are too many books, and I´m such a slow reader and with a limited life span
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Know your story and then tell it, not the other way around.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Are you insane?