Joshua Graham Revealed
About Joshua Graham
Previous occupations:College Professor, Concert Cellist, IT Director, Computer Business Owner
Favorite job:Being a husband/father
High school and/or college:Stuyvestant High School, Masters Degree:Juilliard , Doctorate: Johns Hopkins University
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Brahms, Beethoven, Bach, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak
Favorite movie:Bicentennial Man (Robin Williams) based on the Asimov novel.
Favorite television show:The Practice
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. A relentless pursuit to fulfill my life's calling.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. "He declares the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done..."
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Doing what I was made to do--writing, caring for my family and friends, teaching, encouraging--and having more than enough to do all that and give generously to those in need.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Not being there for my loved ones. Failing to fulfill all I was meant to be and do.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. In the presence of my loved ones (anywhere) and God.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. King David
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My father.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. No specifc words or phrases--because I don't really repeat things in that way--but the use of paranthetical thoughts, for better or worse, when I speak.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Not having started in writing earlier in life.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Singing.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Training up my children in the way they should go, and providing for my family.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Caring too much about what others think and feel.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Humility (ironically.)
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Not sure what role that would be, but I would like to be a person who could influence the world for good.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I'm told that I'm patient. (Whoever said that hasn't been in my car during rush hour, though.)
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Indiana Jones
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Wow, never thought of that before....Mr. Staypuft?
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Johann Sebastian Bach. I'd ask him everything about music, art, literature, his faith, etc.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Arrogant and rude people who can only feel good about themselves by pushing others around.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Musician
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Concert cellist,like Mstislav Rostropovich.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Humility, Honor, Integrity
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. And all my fans said: SNICKERS!
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Not songs, per se: Brahms German Requiem, Elgar Enigma Variations, Dvorak Symphony #8, Beatles: Paperback Writer, Mendelssohn Reformation Symphony
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. C.S. Lewis, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, John Grisham, Amy Tan,
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Chronicles of Narnia, The Dead Zone, The Joy Luck Club, The Rainmaker, The Bible
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Bible (1st and 2nd Samuel)
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. You are in charge of your own career!
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. I blame your book for keeping me up all night.