Kresley Cole Revealed
About Kresley Cole
What is your birthdate?:12/29
Previous occupations:College English Instructor, coach, boat driver, realtor, and a dozen more!
Favorite job:Being a writer, but there are some close seconds.
High school and/or college:Went to Alabama for my B.A. and Florida for my M.A.
Favorite movie:I will watch Aliens, The Piano, and The Orphanage any time they come on.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Mostly unexciting, sometimes exhilarating, occasionally hazardous, usually humorous.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Go big or go home.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. I've wanted to return to Australia since the day I last visited!
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My mom.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Singing.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Getting published and sustaining a writing career. This gig is tough!
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Perfectionism--it is not a writer's friend!
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Perseverance.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I really like to laugh.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Stoker's Count Dracula
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Going boating, and staying off land for days. Actually, I'm still writing then!
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Investigator of Paranormal Phenomena
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, sense of humor, loyalty.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Changes daily...
On Books and Writing
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Have a gut check at the beginning of this endeavor--if you're certain this is what you want to do, then don't dabble, just jump in with both feet.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Why can't you write faster? (which I love)
- Q. How did you come to write No Rest for the Wicked?
- A. I was watching The Amazing Race and began thinking: what if the contestants were immortals, the stakes larger than life, and the tasks deadly. The idea grew from there.