Nancy Holder: A Self Portrait
Nancy Holder Revealed
About Nancy Holder
What is your birthdate?:8/29
Previous occupations:Sales clerk at Sea World; bank teller; teacher
Favorite job:I love being a writer.
High school and/or college:Japan, California, Hawaii
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Bizet
Favorite movie:EVER AFTER
Favorite television show:SAVING GRACE
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Magickal, mysterious, exciting, stressful, happy, confusing, exhilarating
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Just do it!
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Being a mom.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. That I will do something to hurt someone I love.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. In a nice big canopy bed, before a roaring fire, drinking hot chocolate and reading a great book. And it would be raining.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Joan of Arc.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My daughter, Belle.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Trying to hard to please other people.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I would be a great actress.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. I'm so boring. Becoming a mom.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I can be rude and impatient.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I am kind.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. My silly Cardigan Welsh Corgi, Panda.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I'm goofy!
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Buffy!
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Dracula!
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Queen Elizabeth I of England. I would say, "Um, um, um, wow, I admire you."
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who can't spell.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Walking my dog.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I'm living the dream.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Artichokes.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. "Saving Grace" by Everlast, and lots of soundtrack cues. Christophe Beck and Danny Elfman are geniuses.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Debbie Viguie! For the rest, I'll name dead authors so I won't forget someone I care about and hurt their feelings. Shirley Jackson, Edgar Allan Poe, Jane Austen.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. THE HAUNTING and THE SHINING
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Read a lot and live even more.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. When's the next one coming out?
- Q. How did you come to write Wicked?
- A. I had an idea for a saga about witches. I had recently been to France, in the exact region Debbie and I describe in the books. It just felt like destiny.