The Beastly Boys Revealed
About The Beastly Boys
What is your birthdate?:5/28
High school and/or college:Judd School in Tonbridge, Kent
Favorite movie:Matt: Star Wars. Guy: Alfred Hitchcock's Thirty Nine Steps. Dave: Jonny Suede
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Family, friends, dogs, stories, boats, fishing, swimming, beasts.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. "Go, and never darken my towels again."
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Matt: Eating an ice cream on a hot day in summer. Guy: Eating Matt's ice cream on a hot day in summer. Dave: Fishing on a big sea, somewhere cold, with no ice-cream, Matt or Guy.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Matt: Questionnaires. Guy: Being re-incarnated as a lug-worm Dave: The big hairy monster that comes out from the toilet.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be? Matt: Here. Guy: There Dave: The River Test because it’s May as I write this and the Mayfly are out.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Matt: Giuseppi Garibaldi. Guy: What's the name of that bloke who split the atom? Dave: No one.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Matt: Nelson Mandela. Guy: My dad. Dave: Matt and Guy.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Matt: Erm... Guy: This is probably a rubbish idea but... Dave: Thinking logically…
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Matt: Flying like Superman. Guy: Telling jokes. Dave: Break-dancing.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Matt: Winning the bun race on the Silver Jubilee sports day. Guy: Writing An Awfully Beastly Business with my two best friends. Dave: Winning a drawing competition and a swimming competition on the same day on holiday when I was eight.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Matt: Impatience. Guy: My kitchen flaw. I tiled it myself. Dave: My hair.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Matt: Loyalty. Guy: The way the sunlight shines on my hair and dances in my eyes. Dave: I’m tall so I can reach high things.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Matt: A peregrine falcon. Guy: A firebelly dragon, king of the beasts. Dave: A turtle.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Matt: My glasses. Guy: The hair on the palms of my hands. Dave: At the moment, my cough from this horrible cold.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Matt: Fungus the Bogeyman. Guy: Ulf, because we invented him. Dave: Yuck.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Matt: The wicked witch of the West. Guy: Baron Marackai. Dave: Wile E. Coyote from Road Runner.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Matt: Winston Churchill. "Well done." Guy: My Great Uncle Bert. "Don't gamble away your enormous fortune on the horses. Invest it wisely then leave it to your descendants.' Dave: Pip from Great Expectations. “Don’t do it. She’s trouble.”
On Books and Writing
- Q. How did you come to write Jungle Vampire: An Awfully Beastly Business?
- A. We decided to set The Jungle Vampire far away in the jungles of South America. Ulf has to track down this big, hairy and extremely dangerous predator, but the Baron is hot on its trail…