Thomas E. Sniegoski Revealed
About Thomas E. Sniegoski
What is your birthdate?:12/1
Previous occupations:Financial Aid Director at a college.
High school and/or college:Lynn Classical High School.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Sting.
Favorite movie:King Kong (Peter Jackson remake and original)
Favorite television show:Lost.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Busy. Crazy. Satisfying. Funny. Weird. Challenging. Comforting. Confusing. Lonely.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Make them want to read more.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Doing what I love to do (writing--telling stories), surrounded by all my friends and family, with gigantic checks coming in the mail every few days so that I can buy all the crazy toys, DVDs, music and books that I want. I know I probably should have said something like . . . "a world full of peace and harmony" . . . but where's the fun in that?
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Loss of loved ones.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. In bed.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Primitive Man.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Stephen King.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. I use . . . "gaping maw" . . . a little too much.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. No regrets.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Playing the piano.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Having written as many books as I have in such a short span of time.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I can't relax.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I'm completely dependable.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Jack Kirby.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Great sense of humor.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Hellboy.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Dracula.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I think I'm supposed to say somebody profound like Abraham Lincoln, or Plato, but I'm going to say Jack Kirby, the father of the modern comic book. The guy was an absolute genius in the field of storytelling and comic book art. He's somebody that I would have been star struck to meet.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Stupidity.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Watching movies.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I'm doing it.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty. Sense of humor. Intelligence.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Some sort of chicken.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Stephen King, Ernest Hemingway, Truman Capote, Raymond, Ray Bradbury, Chandler, Dennis Lehane, Robert Bloch, Edgar Allen Poe, Richard Matheson, George Chesbro.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Shining, In Cold Blood, I Am Legend, Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Dead Zone.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. In Cold Blood.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Keep going.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Where do you get your ideas?
- Q. How did you come to write Brimstone Network?
- A. I've always loved horror and adventure stories. The Brimstone Network books are my answer to that love. It's the kind of book I would have sold my soul for when I was ten years old.